I’ve only started to like creamy dishes. Can’t believe I never used to like cream, even in desserts! One night, I was invited over to a friends place for dinner, was the day I turned creamy. Then again, I didn’t used to like a lot of things until much recent, some of which are prawns and sushi but have now fallen in love with, thanks to my husband.
So now, whenever I’m in a hurry or running out of ideas of what to cook or just a little bit lazy…this is what I come up with. Simple, yummy, creamy goodness. If I have leftover sauce, I’ll grill some chicken breast and pour the sauce over for my dinner the next night. My husband loves the taste of the sauce so much he says, “I can drink it all up”.
RECIPE FOR EASY CREAMY CHICKEN MUSHROOM PASTA
Adapted from this recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
2 pieces chicken breast, cut into long thin strips
600ml thickened cream
2 cups mushroom, sliced
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 chicken stock cube (or 1/4 cup chicken stock)
2 tbsp butter (for a healthier version, substitute with olive oil)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (for garnishing)
parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
1/2 lemon (optional)
1. To boil the pasta, fill a pot with water and some salt, bring it to a boil. Then add the pasta.
2. Whilst pasta is cooking,in a medium sauce pan, saute onions and garlic. Do not burn.
3. Add the chicken and stock and stir until just cooked. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add thickened cream and bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens.
6. Drain cooked pasta and serve in individual plates. Pour creamy mushroom sauce on top and garnish with some parmesan and chopped parsley. For some extra zing, squeeze a little lemon.
Click ‘Read More’ below to print out the recipe and leave a comment.