When I’m in a rush, I think of pasta. Spaghetti to be precise. This one here, can be whipped up in a jiffy. All you need are a handful of fresh ingredients (well, not the pasta unless you want to make it yourself :p) and you’ve got a quick meal for a midweek dinner that the family will love. I know my husband would! Here is the recipe for this wonderfully quick pasta dish.
RECIPE FOR CREAMY SPAGHETTI NAPOLITANA WITH PRAWNS
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 20-30mins
400g spaghetti & some water to boil
16 medium sized prawns
300ml thickened cream
1 cup chicken stock
4 tbsp tomato paste
1 small-medium sized onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large red capsicum, sliced
1 large green capsicum, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp basil, to garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring water to a boil then put spaghetti in with a bit of salt.
2. While pasta is boiling, heat up oil in a saucepan and sautee onions and garlic.
3. Add the prawns and vegetables and cook for a few more minutes before adding tomato paste.
4. Then add the thickened cream and stock, and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer on a low heat and season well with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
6. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and mix it with the creamy napolitana sauce.
7. Serve onto individual plates and sprinkle with some basil.