One of our family favourite mid week dinner is grilled chicken with creamy napolitana sauce served with steamed vegetables and mash potato. It is a quick and rather healthy dinner and the good thing is, if you make a big pot of the napolitana sauce, you can re-use it with some pasta for next days dinner.
RECIPE FOR GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY NAPOLITANA SAUCE
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1 chicken breast, slice into 4 parts
1 large carrot, cut
1/4 brocolli, cut
coriander (optional), for garnishing
For napolitana sauce:
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, pound in mortar and pestle
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken stock
150ml thickened cream
salt and pepper, to taste
For mash potato:
1 large potato, quartered and boiled till soft
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. To make the napolitana sauce. Saute onions and garlic in a saucepan with a bit of oil for a minute or two and then add tomato paste, chicken stock and thickened cream. Bring to boil and leave to simmer to reduce the sauce. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper.
2. Whilst the napolitana sauce is simmering, boil the carrots and brocolli in one pot and in separate pot, boil the potatoes. Both with a bit of salt. Drain well once soften.
3. Heat up some olive oil in a grill pan and grill the chicken breast for 8-10 minutes turning sides. Make sure it does not overburn/overcook.
3. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper till creamy and no lumps are seen.
4. Serve grilled chicken on a plate alongside the vegetables, mash potato and finally drizzle over the napolitana sauce and sprinkle with some coriander.