RECIPE FOR SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE WITH MINCE BEEF
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1.5 hours
400g dried thin spaghetti
500g beef mince
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 carrots, diced
300g sliced mushrooms (or 400g can sliced champignons)
1 tsp oregano (or to your taste)
4 tbsp thick tomato paste
1 x 425g can peeled tomatoes
3 cups beef stock (i use vegetable stock or just water)
salt and pepper, to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
fresh shaved parmesan and/or powder parmesan to garnish
1. Heat olive oil and saute onions and garlic in a medium pot.
2. Add mince beef and stir until evenly brown until lumps are broken.
3. Add carrots, stock/water, mushrooms, oregano, tomato paste and canned tomatoes. Stir for a bit and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 45 minutes until liquid has greatly reduced.
3. Add salt and pepper and stir.
4. Boil spaghetti with a bit of oil and salt, then drain under cold running water.
5. Serve immediately with hot bolognese sauce topped with cheese.