The Prophet (peace be upon him) commanded people to eat with their right hands and forbade them to eat with their left hands. He said, “The Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” Narrated by Muslim (2020). This implies that eating with the left hand is haraam, and this is the correct view, because the one who eats with his left hand is either a shaytaan (a devil), or he is imitating the Shaytaan.
Below is a little poem to teach your kids which is there left hand (so they don’t using it).
WHICH HAND DO I EAT WITH?
- Which hand is my right hand?
- It’s sometimes hard to know.
- But I have a special way
- That I will share and show.
- Put both hands out in front of you.
- Then it is easy to tell.
- Cause when you straighten out your thumbs
- The left hand makes an “L”